Tuesday 29 June 2010

Walking Out!


The "fast food age" as the media sometimes describes it, or the "I want it now age", means we are constantly looking for the next best thing and the most efficient way to get it. Hello Skechers Shape Ups! Relatively unflattering at first sight but surprisingly comfortable and posture restoring at first wear, these babies have become my summer can't do without item. After rocking the hell out of my fit flops (equally productive but limited by potentially rainy weather) last summer on my numerous walks around Maida Vale, Warwick Avenue, St John's Wood and Belsize Park discussing anything from guys to fashion, food, travel, life and even outer space (random right) with my resourceful sisters, I discovered some spectacular changes in my physique (real talk!). So this summer I decided to go up one step (literally)and get the highly raved about Skechers Shape Ups, purely because I hate gyms or the idea of actually working out. I much prefer dancing, being restless (in the hope it results in something getting done...never works), leisure strolls in beautiful places and sleeping (apparently burns calories lol). All in all I found a way to make this work for me (or so I think, considering a male friend told me to NEVER wear 'em again) and so far so good. They are available in Skechers stores nationwide from about £79.99 but if you plan to be across the Atlantic some time this summer, I suggest you do like me and get 'em whilst you are out there (about $110 after tax). Then you REALLY feel like you are getting your money's worth! Got mine back in May on a trip to DC and lets just say I've since had a spring in my step ;-)