Monday 28 June 2010

Sleepless In the City

Since my last visit to the big apple, I've become even more convinced that London is the best city in the world. The only advantage NYorkers seem to have over us (in my shallow little mind) is the show "Sex and the City". Obsession is a far cry from what I seem to be suffering from, after dragging my friend along on the 3.5hrs long official tour while in NY. I've since become frighteningly glued to my laptop, watching back to back episodes on www.sidereel.com. Carrie Bradshaw's voice over has also become a major feature in my internal daily monologues. I believe my quest to reaffirm my sanity by scribbling these sessions down, has been the greatest driving force behind the birth of my blog (a feat I vowed to never embark on after my dabbling back in the early 2000s).
So tonight in not so grey cold London, the temperature is about 15 degrees Celsius and my 10.5 tog duvet appears to have formed a messy puddle on my bedroom floor, while my windows and blinds have been distorted to allow maximum amount of whatever gust of wind the cars swooshing past can muster. Yet I find myself half naked and wide awake with a dehydration inspired headache. Yes, I still think London is absolutely fah-bu-lous! New York may be the city the city that never sleeps but London is the city that lives, breathes, drinks, parties, shops, eats and whatever else. Welcome to my city, my hub, my space, my thoughts, my life and my scribblings! Now for another night of a drug (Nytol..sleeping pill) induced sleep....zzzzzzz.....zzz....zz