Tuesday 29 June 2010

Lost & Found

The great thing about London is that it is full of hidden gems. In my attempt to arrive on time to my weekly class in Holborn, I did what every prudent Londoner does, I checked my estimated journey time on www.tfl.gov.uk and made room for the possibilities of delayed trains, getting lost and of course a corner shop detour. Despite this I got to Holborn, arrived at Gate Street as directed and then got lost in that little alleyway (don't ask!). Anyway in my merry-go-round, I asked equally clueless passers-by for directions and eventually found my designated location. Unfortunately I was a day early for class (duh!). On my walk-of-shame out of Gate Street (can't help but stress how confusing this place is and no my Geography skills aren't weak), I spotted what in my mind could be a hidden gem "Bar Polski". A bit of Poland in the heart of London. Being an avid foodie, my gaze narrowed to the enticing pictures of dishes cleverly displayed on their outter walls for all to see and better yet affordable prices! I immediately made a mental note to drag my ever willing (thank God!) friends, to my latest London find. Off to embark on a dreamy summer evening stroll in Marylebone xxx