Monday 5 July 2010

Old Dogs, New Dicks

I haven't exactly suffered from writer's block......more the opposite and of course a lack of time or energy to type up all the great scribbles I've compiled since my last blog post but I'm determined to publish a few posts tonight as I finally got my kryptonite >>>>Ribena!!!

The title Old Dogs, New Dicks was inspired by an episode from Sex & the City Season 2, when Carrie desperately tried to inform Big she had a major problem with his wandering eye. I found myself laughing out loud several times as I could totally relate, although unlike Carrie I strangely encouraged the scoping sessions. After all, you gotta know what the competition is saying so you can tighten your game (or so I like to think). But I also understood her frustration with this niggling and to some extent unnecessary bad habit. I felt the need to write about it because I have found myself playing the role of the "ogled woman" quite a lot this summer probably because for a change I am not trapped in an office during people friendly hours lol. For the first summer in the last couple of years, I actually have the time to get dolled up, show off my 36-inch- inseam legs and cause some trouble on the streets of London (indeed). But I am not doing this for your man (or anyone else for that matter) lol. And trust me I don't appreciate his ogling any more than you do cause it is rather uncomfortable at best. But what do you do about a man whose eyes dance around especially when the temperature reaches anything above 21°C in good old London where the world's greatest sun worshippers reside. A stroll down Oxford Street on a typical sunny summer day could be a potential minefield for a lot of couples. Whilst conducting research for this post, I was determined to keep count of how many men I nabbed using their side eye to check out the female talent on the high street. I really couldn't keep up. Even more shocking, women were doing the exact same thing! Lol. I soon got distracted myself as I was getting my own fair share of attention (perhaps my frantic scribbling in the middle of a very busy road had something to do with that).

Being an inquisitive person by nature, I googled "roving eye" and stumbled across one of those agony aunt type questions where a lady called Sally Ann wrote in, asking for advice on how to deal with her man's roving eye. The dating guru replied: tit for tat, he drools at women, you do the same for men. I say: he drools at women, you beat him to the chase and scope her first! Soon it will become a sport and maybe one of "your things" (you know how couples love to say it's "our thing" to do some pretty strange things, but because it's "their thing" you can't outright tell them they are nuts lol). I may be wrong but I know one thing for sure, never try to change a man and if you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em! Oh one more thing, you might wanna try looking extra hot the next time you are out with him and let him get p*ssed off about all the guys ogling you like a piece of meat. Then he just might think a little more, the next time he finds his eyes wandering......just a thought.