Sunday 25 July 2010

Born to be Wild!

I decided to go back to my roots yesterday, having suffered an excruciating migraine for the last few days. Yea I I know I am a bit of a hypochondriac but I had taken several Ibruprofen tablets, given up watching Mad Men on my laptop so my eyes could "rest" and downed several gallons of water to cure what I assumed to be a dehydration inspired migraine and yet my head felt like a clueless carpenter had moved in with the hopes of constructing the next world wonder......it HURT like hell and it just didn't seem like any known cure was working. Needless to say my featherlight Peruvian weave began to feel like an over fed hippo, weighing on my throbbing head. So I chopped it ALL off and freed myself of the bondage. I am not sure if plain old fresh air or psychology has anything to do with it but boy do I feel as good as new today :-)

I know a lot of natural sistahs like to say "I'm not my hair" BUT today I most certainly am my hair. I haven't felt this much liberated, eccentric and exotic in such a long time. Granted I had a relaxer about a month or so ago so my hair isn't entirely in its natural state. Still, I'm luvin' its wild state! Defo giving the weave a pass for the rest of the summer :-)