Thursday 15 July 2010

Yummy!

I am having one of those weeks where all I think about is my next meal lol. It is so bad that on any given day, I can't actually keep count of all I've consumed because all I do is munch, munch, munch. Even more disturbing, people keep asking me where it all goes. At first I tend to say nothing but when they say "No, seriously, where does it go?" I usually feel inclined to say "ummm my head" luckily that answer seems to do the trick but when it doesn't I just ask "Hey are you gonna have that last piece of chicken or can we share it?" Then they just shake their heads in awe and wander off.....result!

The best thing about living in Maida Vale is its food scene (yes I'm allowed to say that). Obviously it is a lovely residential area, certainly posh at best, well endorsed by celebs (Kate Moss lives nearby in slightly more uppity St John's Wood, Jude Law is a neighbour and I've run into him and Vernon Kay at my local corner shop and pub......my claim to fame hoorah! lol) BUT we have great scenery thanks to Little Venice and greater eateries such as Raoul's, Thai Rice, Cafe Rouge, Cafe Laville, Idle Wild (and all the restaurants in nearby Paddington basin).

As I said in an earlier blog post, I don't entirely love slaving away in the kitchen so yes a lot of my munch sessions tend to happen outside my home (shame). Over the last few years, I've only ever frequented Raoul's to pick up my Lola's Kitchen Cupcakes but yesterday, my sister and I decided to give brunch a go and boy were we pleased! The service was efficient, food superb! (lurrrrrrrrrrrrrved my golden yellow Italian scrambled eggs) and the ambience was just as you would expect.......our fellow feasters were a bit rah-rah (fine by me) and the walls were nicely decorated with retro pictures of the likes of Grace Jones (topless.....not as scary as you would imagine). All in all a delightful experience :-)