Tuesday 20 July 2010

80's mania!!!

As an extremely proud 80's baby, I've got to say I am enjoying the attention this decade is getting from fashion, food, music and film at the moment. I mean, we've had Karate Kid (1984), The A-team (80's TV show) and Predators (1987) all of which I saw at the time but was certainly too young to understand (bless). Fashion wise, aside from the 20's flapper-esque era and the late 50s / early 60's Jackie O era, I also love the 80's punk fashion scene for their leggings, leg warmers, shoulder pads, pastel colours, Ray Ban sunnies and denim jackets which we all seem to be fiercely rocking this summer. However, my greatest 80's love is the music! Think about it, the decade birthed MTV (1981), which show cased music videos from the likes of Aerosmith, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Queen, Duran Duran, Bon Jovi and New Kids on the Block to name a few.

Given the great socio-economic similarities between the 80's (a.k.a decade of greed which saw increased spending on luxuries and conveniences) and this current decade, perhaps it isn't a coincidence that we are currently witnessing what I like to call "80's mania". Now for a trip down memory lane, anyone remember this track? (luv it!).